2018 - 2019 - Special Education Department Goals
Goal #1: Facilitate the District Cyclical Monitoring Audit during the 2018-19 School Year.
- Work in collaboration with District Administration, members of the Special Education Department, and community members to maintain compliance in all areas of academic and behavior support services.
Goal #2: Support and continue to enhance the Special Education Department services.
- Provide applicable professional development for the Special Educators and paraprofessionals.
- Implement meaningful teambuilding activities during department meetings for new staff members transitioning into their new roles.
- Improve the level of student support in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) settings.
Goal #3: Continue close monitoring of academic and behavioral achievement of students receiving services in both the support and general education settings.
- Continue to collaborate with building level administration, general education and special education teachers to develop students’ Individualized Educational Programming-(IEP) goals, and Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) that are most appropriate for each student.
- Continue to collaborate with building level administration and guidance to create student schedules that provide more time in the general education settings.
- Collaborate with building level administration, general education, special education, and support staff for review of performance data to note growth, and/or address necessary interventions to ensure students are academically and behaviorally success
Click on each category title below to access the appropriate files